You are purchasing a new home. Congratulations! All that saving and hard work is now coming to fruition. We at J. Quaglia Law are here to ensure the process is as smooth as we can make it.
- Work with your Realtor to draft an Agreement of Purchase and Sale (APS). This process is proceeded by viewing and inspecting the properties you would like to purchase.
- Waive Conditions. An Agreement of Purchase and Sale becomes binding once the conditions set out in the APS are waived. These can include the financing, sale of a house, or an inspection. These are very important so make sure to only proceed when you are absolutely certain.
- Discuss with a lawyer. This is often done as soon as the APS is drafted so we can ensure we can work with you to ensure your closing date is met.
What Do We Do for You?
Our job is to make sure there are as few bumps in the road to home ownership as possible. Although we may only meet with you once or twice, there is a lot of work we put into making sure your transaction goes smoothly.
- We make arrangements to have all the court orders, mortgages, or any other liens removed from the title of the property. This includes tax liens or ones that may have been placed upon the property by the Sherriff’s office.
- We take care of the preparation of mortgage documents, ensure you have title insurance, and work with the seller’s lawyer to determine the amount that will be paid on closing. We also prepare the corresponding financial statements to be presented to you.
- We collect the money to be used to purchase the home from you as well as your financial institution and take care of ensuring that amount is paid to the seller, register your deed and mortgage, and make sure you get the keys to your new home.
- We report to you and proved you with all the documents you need to close.
What Do You Need to Know?
As stated before, the earlier we are involved in the process, the better. We work with you to help you understand the amount of money you need and answer any questions you may have. This may be the largest purchase you will ever make and we want to ensure we are with you all the way.